Thursday 25 March 2021

Funny lines from the funniest folk in show business

Relax, laugh and have a good time with these quotes from some of the funniest people in showbiz, all curated by the Readro review team.

Nothing is creepier than a bunch of adults being very quiet. Tina Fey

I say if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone. Tina Fey

Blorft’ is an adjective I just made up that means completely overwhelmed but proceeding as if everything is fine and reacting to the stress with the torpor of a possum. I have been Blorft every day for the past seven years. Tina Fey

Confidence is 10% work and 90% delusion. Tina Fey

If you want to make an audience laugh, you dress a man up like an old lady and push her down the stairs. If you want to make comedy writers laugh, you push an actual old lady down the stairs. Tina Fey

A Harvard Medical School study has determined that rectal thermometers are still the best way to tell a baby’s temperature. Plus, it really teaches the baby who’s boss. Tina Fey

What turning forty means to me? I need to take my pants off as soon as I get home. I didn’t used to have to do that, but now I do. Tina Fey

Say yes. You’ll figure it out afterward. Tina Fey

It will never be perfect, but perfect is overrated. Perfect is boring on live TV. Tina Fey

The word abbreviation sure is long for what it means. Zach Galifianakis

I think those neighborhood signs that say ‘slow children playing’ are so very mean. Zach Galifianakis

I failed kindergarten because I couldn’t spell my last name. Zach Galifianakis

When I was in high school I used to sit by myself in the cafeteria – not necessarily by choice – but I thought it was funny to talk to people that weren’t there. Zach Galifianakis

My girlfriend looks a little like Charlize Theron…and a lot like Patrick Ewing. Zach Galifianakis

I like to read the Bible in public places so people are watching me read it. I like just to murmur out to myself, ‘Oh bullshit’. Zach Galifianakis

I wonder if in 2050 there will be a movie called, ‘Dude, Where’s My Spaceship.’ Zach Galifianakis

I would start a revolution, but I just bought a hammock. Zach Galifianakis

Zach, To Brad Pitt: Is it hard for you to maintain a suntan? Brad: Why? Zack: Because you live in your wife’s shadow (Angelina Jolie in 2014). Zach Galifianakis

I have a lot of growing up to do. I realized that the other day inside my fort. Zach Galifianakis

For more great humour and comedy, check out the entire collection of eBooks and podcasts at Readro.

No comments:

Post a Comment